These documents are here to help developers of RadioDNS Hybrid Radio systems and receiver implementations
On this page you’ll find the current (and prior) versions of our specifications, proposals for new specifications, HOWTO guides with step-by-step information, and technical case-studies/presentations.
These are the latest versions of all our published standards. Use these versions when you’re developing anything new. They are free to download and use.
You need the core lookup specification to create a DNS lookup to find the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) for a radio station, so you can make an IP connection.
Applications provide specific functionality.
- TS 101 499 v3.1.1 – Slideshow – How to deliver clickable visual content over IP alongside broadcast radio
- TS 102 818 v3.1.1 – Service and Programme Information – How to describe meta-data about a radio station (including logos) and its individual programmes and schedule, as well as an index of on-demand/podcast material
You shouldn’t use these documents any more, except for historic reference.
- RadioDNS Core Lookup – RDNS01 v1.0.0
- Visual Slideshow (RadioVIS) – RVIS01 v1.1.0
- Service and Programme Information (RadioEPG) – REPG01 v1.1.0
These documents are work in progress of new applications being worked on by Working Teams. They’re unstable, liable to change, and here for information only.
We have a collection of HOWTO documents, which are step-by-step guides to implementing RadioDNS Hybrid Radio functionality.
- HOWTO – Create Station Logos Descriptions and Other Metadata in an SI XML file using the RadioDNS SI Tool
- HOWTO – Make SI and XSI files accessible to RadioDNS Hybrid Radio devices
- HOWTO – Register your station for RadioDNS Hybrid Radio
- HOWTO – Add SRV Records to your Authoritative FQDN
- HOWTO – Use the GCC Global Country Code Library
A collection of presentations from technical conferences explaining how to manage RadioDNS Hybrid Radio application systems.
- Presentation – How to Generate RadioVIS Content – February 2012
- Presentation – How to Manage ActiveMQ for STOMP/RadioVIS – February 2012