These documents are here to help developers of RadioDNS Hybrid Radio systems and receiver implementations
These are the latest versions of all our published standards. Use these versions when you’re developing anything new. They are free to download and use.
You need the core lookup specification to create a DNS lookup to find the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) for a radio station, so you can make an IP connection.
- TS 103 270 v1.3.1 – RadioDNS Hybrid Radio; Hybrid lookup for radio services Updated 16th May 2019
Applications provide specific functionality.
- TS 101 499 v3.1.1 – Slideshow – How to deliver clickable visual content over IP alongside broadcast radio
- TS 102 818 v3.3.1 – Service and Programme Information – How to describe meta-data about a radio station (including logos) and its individual programmes and schedule, as well as an index of on-demand/podcast material. The version 3.3 XSD Schema for validation of SPI XML documents is here. Updated 1st September 2020
These documents are work in progress of new applications being worked on by Working Teams. They’re unstable, liable to change, and here for information only.
- Proposed changes to TS 102 818 (Service and Programme Information)
- TAG – RTAG01 v1.0.0 Draft 7 (Working Draft)
All our step-by-step HowTo guides have moved here.
A collection of presentations from technical conferences explaining how to manage RadioDNS Hybrid Radio application systems.
- Seminar – Code School to Implement an SI.xml File (NAB) – July 2020
- Presentation – How to Generate RadioVIS Content – February 2012
- Presentation – How to Manage ActiveMQ for STOMP/RadioVIS – February 2012
You shouldn’t use these documents any more, except for historic reference.
- RadioDNS Core Lookup – RDNS01 v1.0.0
- Visual Slideshow (RadioVIS) – RVIS01 v1.1.0
- Service and Programme Information (RadioEPG) – REPG01 v1.1.0
Deprecated XSI file format
Standard REPG01 defined an XSI file type. This has been superseded by the SI file definition of TS 102 818. We are not aware of any devices in market which require the XSI file, so recommend that you do not implement it. The SI tool currently supports editing in both XSI and SI formats, but this function will be withdrawn in Spring 2019. The XSL-T transforms to allow conversion between SI and XSI will remain in the RadioDNS GitHub