RadioDNS is the not-for-profit membership organisation that promotes hybrid radio globally, and creates open technical standards for using IP (Internet Protocol) technology alongside broadcast radio (FM, DAB, HD).
What We Do
- Evangelise about the benefits of RadioDNS Hybrid Radio
- Create and maintain open technical standards for RadioDNS Hybrid Radio applications
- Operate a root name server to link broadcast and IP services
- Enable community support and libraries for developers
- Work with other relevant organisations such as WorldDAB, HD Radio, RDS Forum
Who We Are
RadioDNS is owned by its members, who are able to influence the direction of the organisation.
The Project Office runs the day-to-day operations, and can answer any questions you have about RadioDNS and our activities.
Our Working Teams are responsible for creating and maintaining our technical standards. Only Members can participate in Working Teams.
- RadioDNS is governed by its Articles of Association. (17th December 2013).
- The radiodns.org DNS operates under our Trust Model. (16th February 2010).
- Contributors to our Working Teams must agree to our IPR Policy. (16th February 2010).
All the information on RadioDNS meetings and decisions.
- The Project Office
- Details on our annual General Assembly.
- The RadioDNS Steering Board members and meeting minutes.
- Our current Members and Supporters.
Registered Company Details
RadioDNS Limited is a not-for-profit Company Limited by Guarantee, owned by its members, and registered in England and Wales with number 08818015. The registered office is 96a Curtain Road, LONDON, EC2A 3AA.
RadioDNS was first presented in May 2008, and formalised in April 2010, as a result of growing interest in Hybrid Radio. RadioDNS was originally an unincorporated membership association, but incorporated as a Limited Company in December 2013.
These documents are from the period from 2008 to incorporation in December 2013.
- Before 17th December 2013, these Statutes governed RadioDNS. (14th February 2012)
- Recommendations of the RadioDNS Statutes Drafting Team (14th February 2010)
- RDNS02: Proposed Administration and Governance (15th June 2009)
- RDNS03: Potential applications and use cases (29th August 2008)