The RadioEPG Working Team are pleased to announce version 1.1 of the RadioEPG specification.
This document has a number of significant changes, both as a result of new ideas within the group, and also as a result of the work done with the IMDA. Functionality from the IMDA specification has been added, as well as a number of clarifications and extra guidance.
In particular, the following changes have been made:
Enhanced identification of a Service Provider
- Ability to attach geographical information to a Service Provider, Service Group, or Service
- Mandatory Logo Sizes (as a superset of the changes proposed in the DAB EPG XML Specification)
- Explicit mandatory elements for a Service (names, description and genre)
- Explicit guidance for usage and treatment of Linked Content, in order to facilitate linking to external content, On-Demand Content, Identities (e.g. RSS feeds, Service Aggregator pages)
- Relaxation of the URL in the link element in order to allow a generic URI format.
You can see the updated specification here. Thanks to all the RadioEPG Working Team for their contribution.